Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Our comprehensive approach to whole girl development equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up
healthy, educated, and independent. These positive outcomes are achieved through three core elements: people – trained staff and volunteers who build lasting, mentoring relationships;
environment – girls-only, physically and emotionally safe, where there is a sisterhood of support, high expectations, and mutual respect; and programming – research-based, hands on and minds-on, age-appropriate, meeting the needs of today’s girls. Informed by girls and their families, we also advocate for legislation and policies to increase opportunities for all
girls and address the systemic barriers that impede girls’ success, particularly girls in low income communities and girls of color.
Girls Inc. of Chicago has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Instructional Facilitator. The Instructional Facilitator is responsible for implementing and adapting a wide variety of
enrichment activities for grades K-12th, year-round, during the school year and during out-of school time hours. Facilitators will be responsible for leading instruction, and curriculum based content for hands-on/minds-on activities and discussions designed to increase knowledge, strengthen self-confidence, and cultivate communication and other pro-social skills. Girls Inc. of Chicago Youth Programs may take place during the school day, during afterschool hours, and on weekends. Additionally, the Full Time Instructional Facilitator must be open to delivering programs in either a virtual or in-person environment.
Lastly, all Facilitators support Girls Inc. of Chicago by participating in organization-wide initiatives, as needed, to help ensure that all employees are serving as visible and effective leaders and advocates for Girls Inc. of Chicago.
• Must be able to facilitate programming to girls in groups of 15 – 25 and between the
ages of 5-18, both in-person or virtually;
• Prepare for, and facilitate hands-on and intentional programming activities within our Core
Essential Services (Healthy Living, Academic Enrichment and Support, Life Skills);
• Develop content according to the guidelines and delivery schedule outlined in Girls Inc’s
virtual and in-person programming models;
• Maintain safe spaces by implementing in-person and online safeguards for engagement;
• Conduct essential tasks to ensure the maintenance of program equipment and activity
• Identify ways to encourage, collect, and share girls work;
• Provide feedback and creative input on programming;
• Work to understand school priorities, and use this information to determine ongoing girl
needs, and opportunities to align activities to academic goals;
• Serve as point of contact to all part-time facilitators, volunteers and interns, who may be
assigned to your site.
• Support the planning and implementation of special events/projects;
• Support goals for girl engagement and family outreach;
• Attend regular staff meetings, trainings and work in collaboration with Girls Inc. staff and
• Maintain relationships with girls & their families and provide individual support ensuring
their ability to effectively engage in the program;
• Create and share family engagement activities for independent projects;
• Support the collection of data related to program outcomes, girls’ interests, and/or family
• Effectively communicate with girls and their families, by-phone via email and online;
• Maintain and track girl attendance, using a “tracking database in support of program
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of girl growth and development, effective
instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis,
and research related to learning and knowledge of equity issues facing girls of color.
• Must be punctual, prepared, have a positive attitude and is at ease with, (and adept at)
using a variety of lively program techniques (brainstorming, role-playing, etc.).
• Must be self-directed, detail oriented with proven written and oral communication skills,
as well as group facilitation skills.
• Must be a high-energy, caring, self-starter, innovative and have high level of competency
in cultural diversity.
• Ability to effectively maintain information for recording purposes and standards of record
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively and work collaboratively
with youth, families and professionals.
• Must be CPR and First Aide certified.
• Proven experience working with diverse backgrounds, cultures and perspectives.
• Must have a valid driver license, reliable and consistent transportation and the
ability, to work and travel daily, between the hours of 8am-6pm to multiple school
sites throughout Chicago, predominantly throughout the South Side.
Education & Experience
• Achieved a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Youth
Development, Human Development, Social Work, or related discipline;
• A least one year of prior experience working with youth as a Program Facilitator;
• Reliable and able to work the entire school year. Girls develop meaningful relationships
with their facilitators, and it is difficult for girls when they transition, in the middle of the
• Candidates must pass a criminal history records check, and drug screening, in addition
to other Chicago Public Schools safety requirements.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
This position requires the ability to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and
the physical ability to perform light lifting. This person must be able to communicate effectively
with program participants. Work is generally performed in an office or classroom setting, and
may involve standing, stooping, bending, and walking. Girls Inc. will make accommodations
when necessary. This person may be required to travel to various locations throughout Chicago.
Generally, the working conditions have little or no exposure to extremes in safety hazards or
Girls Inc. of Chicago has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
GIRLS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER